MA Heating Oil Prices Open Lower for 2014-2015 Heating Season
- As the days get shorter and nightime temperatures began to dip even lower, one thing homeowners can be grateful for is that home heating oil prices are relatively low coming into the...
2013 MA Average Home Heating Up in Pre-Season
- While home heating oil dealers who were already charging the highest per-gallon price of $4.60/gallon in August have not gone any higher, both average and low prices for #2 fuel oil have risen $0.09 on average, and the lowest prices found have risen $0.08 during...
2013-2014 Massachusetts Heating Season Begins
- Coming into the 2013-2014 heating season in Massachusetts, homeowners can expect a milder than normal winter, (according to the Old Farmer's Almanac long-range forecast for the Northeast U.S), but global demand for oil and continuing unrest in the mid-east can send prices reeling by....
MA Law Requires Homeowners Upgrade Oil Supply Line
- Under state law, Massachusetts home owners must upgrade the supply line from their oil tank to the furnace with one encased in a protective sleeve, or install an automatic oil shutoff valve at the outlet of the oil tank by....
The End of Low Home Heating Oil Price
- For the first time since October or 2008, the lowest price for home heating oil in Massachusetts hit $3.00 per gallon. Of the heating oil dealers surveyed, the statewide average price came in at $3.44, with a high of....
2010 - End of Summer Heating Oil Prices take Dip
- Heating oil prices have fallen nearly $0.20 on average since April -- steadily dropping over the course of the summer. Heat waves, reduced travel and industrial demand due to the economy have helped keep....
2010 - The Rise and Fall of MA Heating Oil Prices
- freezing cold temperatures drove heating oil prices higher in mid-January, but lower wholesale stock prices during the month left prices from January 5, 2010 to February 5, 2010 relatively unchanged...
2010 - MA Heating Oil Prices Rise in New Year
- cold weather and high demand for home heating oil has prices rising into the New Year. Massachusetts home heating oil prices have risen approximately $0.10 between Christmas 2009 and New Years 2010.
Heating Oil Prices Unchanged for November 2009
- warm weather and a weak economy have combined to leave Massachusetts home heating oil prices relatively unchanged from the end of October 2009 to the end of November 2009.
2009 Winter Home Heating Oil Prices
- cost prediction for the 2009-2010 New England heating season based on global economic factors, oil production and supplies, weather, and consumer demand.
2009 MA Home Heating Oil Prices Rising
- information about how average home heating oil prices in Massachusetts have risen in the first half of January, 2009.
About Home Heating Oil Additives
- information about additives your oil dealer may be adding to your home heating oil tank, what the additives do, and why they're needed.
Save Energy and Save Money on Home Heating Oil
- tips about things you can do that are either free or cost very little and can lower your heating oil bills and make your home more comfortable in the winter.
Is Your Oil Burner Technician Licensed?
- information about required Mass. State licensing (certification) for Oil Burner Technicians and their apprentices.
Is Oil Leaking in your Home?
- information about possible leaks in the delivery line between your oil tank and furnace.
Need help paying for heating oil?
- information and resources for home heating oil assistance programs.